Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, February 23, 2009

Pool Time





It's that time of year, pool time. I made my way down there early this afternoon for my seasonal debut. I have to say it was very nice. The temps were perfect and there was a steady light breeze. I brought a book to read, but instead just laid back and absorbed the smell and sounds. I was also a little tired because a representative of the Qatar Tribune rang my doorbell at 5:50AM to personally hand me my newspaper. Of course, I was in a dead sleep just prior to the ringing and I just couldn't wrap my brain about what was going on. I mean, usually a little guy on a motorcycle drops it on my steps every morning around 10:00. I thanked him and he was on his way. It dawned on me a while later that this newspaper was meant for my neighbors that just subscribed to the paper this weekend. You know, the ones that won my car. The Tribune usually personally delivers the first paper, and this one was quite special of course, since it had their picture in it regarding the car giveaway that I didn't win. Ok, I'm still trying to get over it. Anyway, back to the weather. It should be just about perfect from now until June when it starts getting a wee bit on the warm side. So until then, I might just be reporting to you poolside. Hasta la vista, baby.

This weeks weather offerings


thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...