Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Busted?


I pray that you're not relating to this song!



It seems the economy crisis is far reaching. What started in the U.S.A. has trickled down to the rest of the world to create what has been deemed the "global financial crisis". Unless you are in a vacuum, you are well aware of it. From how far reaching it is, it's looking like no one is immune to it. Just this week two friends have sent me emails regarding its effect on our neighboring United Arab Emirates (UAE), which has thus far enjoyed having one of the fastest growing economies in the world. You may have heard of Dubai as it is the most popular of the seven emirates and most populous, as well. According to a New York Times article, it appears that the economic crunch is hitting them in full force, driving many expatriates to bail out and flee the country for fear of landing in "debtor's prison".

So, how are we faring here in Doha? Well, according to this morning's Qatar Tribune, we might just be at the right place at the right time to ride out the storm. Minister of State for Energy and Industrial Affairs HE Mohammed Saleh al Sada is quoted in the article as saying, "Qatar’s economy should grow by around 10 percent". That sounds very promising. Hopefully the picture is as rosy as they paint it. Let us pray that we all make it through "the crisis". Insha'Allah.




thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



1 comment:

  1. I will say a big AMEN to that, Syb! Oh, can I say that on your blog? Well, I think I just did!!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...