Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sykes...Closure and Beyond


No, we haven't found a body, but it's been nearly two months and no signs of Sykes. Back in November when Kumar, my gardener discovered that Sykes was missing, he asked, "Want me to find another, madame?". I panicked and practically burst his ear drums, "NO, NO, it's ok!". Dustin has jokingly accused me of not looking hard enough for Sykes, saying that I didn't really want to find him. I did feel a little guilty that I didn't ask God for any help. I guess I was afraid that Sykes would be found with His intervention. Ouch. Not to worry though, we have plenty of cats lining up to take his place. Apparently the feline world has put out a bulletin that there is a new shelter open at the pink villas and it happens to be on our doorstep. We innocently fed a little momma cat a while back and now she brings all of her friends with her. I was walking in the neighborhood the other night and when momma cat spotted me, she fell in line behind me to follow me home. First thing I do in the morning is open the front door to let the morning sun shine in. More so than not these days, there are multiple cats sitting there staring at me with eyes saying, "No pressure madame, we're just starving". Geez. Could you refuse those faces? If I were these cats, I think I'd be doing the "Stray Cat Strut", too!



thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above Thanks!


2 comments:

  1. I feed those same cats all the way over here! lol Do you think they take the bus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do miss reading about Sykes lil adventures.......Never say never, I know! Cute pic of the fat cat, by the way!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...