Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Roddick Rocks Doha!




I know you didn't expect my blog to turn into a tennis bulletin board, but hey, it's the current event in Doha. The title above is wishful thinking. I actually started my post after the semi final tournament just knowing that Austin's Andy Roddick would defeat Great Britain's Andy Murray. Well, it didn't happen so the title should have been changed to Murray Mauls Roddick. Murray handily beat the Austinite, (Austonian?) in two sets. No need to drag out the drama to three. It was still great fun to attend a professional tennis tournament even though we couldn't pull off the win. Murray collected his $183,000 check and Roddick still got $96,000 for his efforts. Next post: NO TENNIS!!




thoughts
To read comments, please click on the post title at the top. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...