Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Pearl Video


I ran across this short Youtube on our local forum, Qatar Living, yesterday. It shares a little information about Qatar, along with some nice views of The Pearl, the man made island currently under construction just a few minutes from our villa. Note the local wearing his sunglasses in the classroom shot. Could it be Erik Estrada in a thobe? That's what caught my eye when first arriving in Doha. Apparently, it's very cool to wear your "CHIPS" shades indoors. Ok, so that has absolutely nothing to do with the video. You know that staying on topic is not my forte.




Email follow up re: Doha, The City of No Worries

Yes, Miss Lori of JGA, not only would we be held for ransom or arrested, we would have been humiliated and shamed until the cows came home! Worse yet, our faces might start appearing on milk cartons!


thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...