Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, January 4, 2009

And NOTHING is What We Did




After digging all the sand out of ears and refreshing ourselves from our dune trip, we headed to Far East for much needed nourishment. Ryan was the adventurer of the day and ordered Doha cuttlefish. It's in the same family as squid and octopus with a very chewy texture, as Ryan confirmed wholeheartedly. The rest of us stayed on the straight and narrow and ordered foods that were familiar to us. Yesterday, we slowed down to a snail's pace. laying around the villa all morning. Finally, around noon I went into the kitchen to prepare what I guess at that point in time was lunch. When I hollered that it was ready,they filed into the kitchen to see what I had to offer. What they found were "takeaway" containers from outings of the previous few days. Surprisingly, there were no complaints to be heard, just the beeping of the microwave as each nuked their own choice. After lunch we decided that we hadn't had enough rest, so we all plopped back down on the sofa for more lazy time. It's a good thing we got hungry or we would have never made it out of the house. American food was the request, so we settled on Bennigans. Ryan had never eaten there, so the day ended up not being totally adventureless. Oh I almost forgot, we did top the evening off with "Talladega Nights". Yes, it was a sad day. We'll try and do better.



thoughts
To read comments, please click on the post title at the top. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoying all the pics of the kids. Even when you guys are doing nothing it's still interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...