Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, January 26, 2009

Al Khor Air Show



David and I drove out to Al Khor Saturday morning after our nearly two hour leisurely breakfast at American Grill. Our mission was the open air flying show on tap. On the way to our destination we noticed some off road car racing going on in the desert. We could see that something was brewing from the distance because of the random plumes of sand flying in the air. It was a pretty awesome sight, little hot wheel car look a likes flying over bumps and rough desert kicking up all kinds of sand. There was no vantage point for me to get any pics from the direction we were traveling, so that will be for another day, another adventure. The air show, consisted of displays of privately owned planes, remote control planes, and other "flying objects" that I had never witnessed. It was quite a family event as you can see the gentleman in the picture with nine kids in tow. There wasn't a whole lot of flying going on while we there, but David mentioned that the winds that day were particularly high and would affect the capabilities of, or rather the safety of taking the planes up. Other than the winds, the weather was beautiful and it was fortunate that the air show was on Saturday, since Qatar experienced one its rare rainy days of the year the day before. It was a nice "get out of the house" event and we thank RasGas for sponsoring it!



thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



2 comments:

  1. Syb,
    I would have liked to have been there with you and David. Especially since I used to fly a powered parachute similar to the one the guy is sitting in for several years, and I am now getting back into the RC hobby again. Looks like it was a great show....

    ReplyDelete
  2. David told me that's what you used to fly. I was shocked! I had never even seen one of those.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...