Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Venice in Pics



I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed Venice and I hope Regina did the same. This is the alleyway to the hotel in which we stayed while there and below that is the pastry chef that we encountered on our way out of the alleyway this morning. Lucky us...he handed us one of his inventions after we snapped his pic. He made us feel so special with his hand made offering that we quickly decided that walking down creepy alleyways wasn't nearly as bad as we thought it would be. Before we left Doha, we had read about how Venice often floods in November due to blah, blah, blah ( you do the research) and we considered skipping it altogether. We would have truly missed out on a beautiful and charming city with the added bonus of no cars to be found. What a true treasure to find while knowing what traffic is to be found waiting for us back in Doha. Regina, aka the pigeon lady, had fun as you can see in St Mark's Square, which was partially flooded as predicted. It didn't deter us, as we decided it was just all part of the experience. We are now in Florence, but haven't really seen much as we arrived after dark this evening. Our hotel is not in an alleyway, but we did have to take a long steep flight of stairs with some not so light luggage. We failed to ring the little bell at ground level, which I promise you will not happen again. Time to get a little shuteye...I hope you enjoy the pics!



Click on the title of the post to leave a comment. Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...