Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, November 2, 2008

There's a New Store in Town




We have a new grocery store in the compound as of Friday afternoon. You would think Walmart had arrived in the country (according to my reaction). I can hardly contain myself. The thought of just being able to walk down the street, or better yet. call for delivery is so appealing. Thought bubble = "Dang, out of eggs this morning...no worry, Riviera Food Mart to the rescue". Did you get that thought bubble thing? Anywho, I made a dry run there this morning. I didn't need anything, just wanted to know what they had. Well, to my surprise they pretty much had it all except newspapers, which I did ask about. "No problem, madame, I will arrange to have one for you by tomorrow." Lol, I figured a lot of people must have been requesting them and I asked him the same. "No madame, you're the only one." Only in this country would you get service like that. Now, I'm quite obligated to go by tomorrow morning to pick up my by request personal copy of The Gulf Times.

I wonder what I'll get if I order a "fancy"?



To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then type text in box...click post comment. Good job.

P.S. SENDING A BIRTHDAY SHOUT OUT TO OUR NEPHEW, BRYAN!

You people really should keep me updated with current pics....ha!

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking you ought to get a "diary". Does that come with milk?

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...