Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Just Another Day in...



The dust (or would that be the sand?) is settling in Doha for me. Regina should be tucked away in her Onalaska Lake home while I'm regrouping in my pink villa in the desert. I have the washer in overdrive, the oven in full force and our vacation pics uploading for printing as we speak. I know, the oven part sounds far fetched, but I am baking brownies for our U.S. military guys and gals stationed here in Doha. They may not feel blessed, but we certainly feel blessed to have them here. One of our Chevron Phillips wives here in the compound has graciously spearheaded this service project for the past couple of years. The response and gratitude from the military personnel has been overwhelming. It's amazing how one small deed and such little time spent can mean so much to someone, but it truly does. The only other pending matter is that Sykes is m.i.a., once again. He scooted out the door between Regina's legs before she could catch him the other night. I'm not so worried about him, but I know she's fretting over it. Kumar, my gardener, has been put on high alert regarding Sykes, aka Jingles. I like to look at the bright side...maybe I can put out some pretties for Christmas without knowing that they will crash and burn in his presence. Seriously now, I'm not kidding...ciao!


Please note: The brownies look edible...that's all I could hope for :)

Update: Ok, the joke's on me. I just double checked to see what time the goodies were due... it's November 30th, not the 23rd!! I have two batches of brownies if anyone wants them. You know where to find me. Arrrrrgh!

To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then enter text in box.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha. I love the brownies!! That was funny. Maybe Kumar would like some :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...