Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Kids on the Bus



It was an only in Doha day yesterday. This is a Karwa bus serving as school transportation for Qatari students. These thobed kids caught my eye as they were sitting up on the top of the back seat of the bus. Of course I had my sidekick at hand and snapped the pic. I anxiously waited for the kids to look back at me and ham it up with a really good pose. When they finally spotted me, I smiled at them as if to say "here's the camera, go for it". The two outside kids couldn't jump over the seat fast enough to get out of my view. The middle kid was like a deer in headlights then finally realized I wasn't the Gestapo and smiled back at me. The whole situation was hilarious, probably more like a you had to be there hilarious. It was as if they thought I was going to get them in trouble. I'm not sure why because I have yet to see a Qatari child disciplined. You see them running wild at the mall, standing on counters in the food court, bumping and running over people with no fear of being admonished. It certainly wasn't that they were camera shy. These kids love having their picture made, as I've posted in the past in Look Ma...Two Wheels and Mall Mania. Nonetheless, I think God put me and my little Tahoe behind them to just to put this crazy little bus song running around in my head for hours on end.

To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

1 comment:

  1. Mom! You do love me! I got my letter from Austria! And all that time I just thought I was not loved...THANKS!! But i'm not 21 quite yet! I got the card nearly a week early :) I love you!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...