Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Hills are Alive...




...With the "Sound of Music", that is. Move over Von Trapp family, here we come. Yes, David and I are Austria bound for our Eid Al Fitr getaway. I have the hot little tickets in my hands or the e-tickets, anyway. E-vouchers, e-tickets, e-confirmations...if it starts with an e, I have it. When I first brought up the idea of Austria to David, he mumbled his usual, "whatever you want to do, dear". Then when the word train came out of my mouth, he instantly looked up and said, "now, you've got my attention". The plan is to fly into Vienna and stay there a few nights,then take a train to Salzburg for a couple of nights , and then on to Innsbruck. I did a little a lot of internet searching and emailing and acquired a couple of tickets to see the Vienna Boy' Choir at The Musikverein Hall, which I'm very excited about. Actually the "Boys" are just making an appearance at the hall and are not the main event. There was somewhat of a German barrier when I spoke to the person in Vienna regarding the concert, so you can only imagine how excited David is to go see, or listen rather, to who knows what. Classical isn't his thing, and I'm pretty sure that's what he's going to get. It won't hurt him to get "cultured" a bit (me either, for that matter!). We leave October 2nd, returning October 9th. Cross your fingers for us, as I opted out on the package tour that Qatar Airways offers. I'm putting on my travel agent hat and booking everything myself. With the Euros that we're saving, maybe we'll be able to afford to eat while we're there. Oh, and your ears aren't deceiving you. The hills are not alive with the Sound of Music at the moment. I swapped out when I ran across The Vienna Boys' Choir singing Edelweiss...sorry, Ms. Andrews.


To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to the blog and pictures that are sure to follow. Have a BLAST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might enjoy a tour of the salt mines outside of Salzburg; the fortress up on the hill in Salzburg is great, and there is a marionnette museum hidden inside. Mozart's house was cool, and we even did the Sound of Music tour! We loved Salzburg!
    Amy McCarty

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...