Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, August 4, 2008

Where the Green Grass Grows



While Southeast Texas is preparing for Edouard, I'm working on getting my grass growing. Edouard might be the best thing for it, as it looks like it might just pass on through the Austin area after it finishes with the coast. Rain keeps eluding us and we would welcome the much needed moisture. I've been rebelling against the city and watering nearly everyday in spite of the water ban. As you look at the pics, you might be saying to yourself a Jed Clampett, "Pitiful, just pitiful". I don't know why that popped into my mind, forgive me. Anyway, the sparse green is so much better than the solid brown that welcomed us a little over a month ago. The fact that it needed mowing was quite an event around here. Apparently, before we got here it hadn't been mowed in ages. Not that the kids were lazy, there just wasn't any grass to mow. On second thought, maybe they were to lazy to put the sprinkler out on our two designated water days. But now I'm assured that they understand the concept of water making the grass grow. Just three more weeks to see how green I can get it. The challenge is on.

To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...