Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Our American Soldier



The moment we have been waiting for in the Knox household, Shea has received his unit assignment. As things stand at this very second in time (remember, we are dealing with the Army, anything is possible) he will not be sent to Iraq, not even to Afghanistan. It looks like West Africa will be where he spends his overseas stint. If I understand correctly, there is a group from his unit going in October, but there is not enough preparation time for him to join that group. Darn! The next deployment from his unit will not be until April which will be replacing the current group leaving in October. It seems that he will be working an Embassy job in a suit and tie. Now, please keep in mind this could all change tomorrow and he could be picking cotton in the backfields of Louisiana (if that's what the Army wishes). Part of him wanted to do his duty and report to a combat zone, but the other part is glad that he will get to utilize the French that he has learned. Yes, French is one of the predominant languages in Africa. No, they're not all speaking Swahili over there. I bet I learn a lot about Africa in these next few months...probably more than I want to know. Anywho, that's the latest Knox Army news. Over and out.



To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...