Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Gustav, Hanna...Who's Next?


Florida might be spared of Gustav, but I'm afraid Hanna is on the way, as well. It also looks like there's lots of activity churning out in the warm open waters. All I've got to say about all this is that I'm so happy to no longer be a homeowner on the great coast of Southeast Texas. I can sit here in never never land and breathe a sigh of relief. I do, however, have to worry that Mom and Dad get evacuated if and when the need arises. Well honestly, I don't have to worry, I do have a multitude of brothers and a sister still in the area. I still lend my moral support, though, even if it's in spirit only. As for Gustav, he doesn't look like he's gonna slow down. So batten down the hatches Aunt Marge and get the "h" out of Dodge (aka Cameron, La).

To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...