Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Did We "Cross" the Line?



I just got back from visiting Regina and Larry at their dream home in Onalaska, Tx. They've spent a lot of blood, sweat, and tears building this retirement home that is situated on a cozy little cove on Lake Livingston. With all the windows on the back side of the home, you can't escape the tranquility that the cove has to offer. I guess that's why there wasn't ONE picture hanging on the walls, not a nail hole anywhere. Regina's been too busy soaking up all the atmosphere. Well, actually she informed me last summer that she wasn't hanging anything until I got there to help her. Obviously, she meant it. It's nearly a year later and I've finally been able to do so. The only problem was that she didn't have anything to hang. If I have to go into one more Hobby Lobby, Kirkland's, or Kohl's any time in the near future, just shoot me. I think we hit every one of them from Beaumont to Lufkin. I won't even mention the numerous Home Depots and Lowes that we visited to look at rugs. We purchased a number of items and did our darnedest to position everything in their proper places. We truly toiled over every decision before we would drive that nail into it's permanent position. Once we got rolling, it got a lot easier. With all the crosses we hung, I think Larry's afraid that he's going to have to install a holy water font at the front door. I've left her with a few areas that need a little attention, but she has informed me that she will wait for my return, whenever that should be. Did I mention that she takes after my mom and can't make a decision to save her life? I guess that's ok as it makes me feel blessed and honored that she had faith in me to be up to the job. I look forward to round two on my next USA tour.

To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

1 comment:

  1. I want to thank you for all your help. I love everything! My favorite wall is the mirror over the table with the cross. Larry really liked the open Bible. Now I won't be embarrassed if someone stops by. My house now looks like a home! And yes, I will wait for your return to put the finishing touches on it! lol

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...