Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, August 25, 2008

Adios, Amigos!


Good Morning! I'm taking care of all my last minute duties, before I board my flight for Doha. I set my alarm this morning, so I wouldn't be rushed and could enjoy my laptop, Fox News, and coffee. I do have priorities, you know. It's a shame that I haven't gotten up early since I've been here. because there was really nice sun rising outside my window. Oh well, maybe I'll catch it this winter. Somehow I doubt that though. Today is the girls' first day at SEU. They are starting off with Calculus II at 8:00 a.m. this morning...yes, both in the same class and yes, they must be crazy. Calc II at 8:00 a.m.?? What a wake up call. Kayla needs it for her major in Math and Kristi, well, she's taking it "just in case" she might need it. More power to her. Dustin is sleeping away upstairs for his last sleep in, as Texas State starts tomorrow. He opted for a more realistic 9:30am start time. He's a senior now (collective sigh of relief) and we are crossing our fingers for a May graduation. I'll let y'all be now. I need to see if I can cram this summer and then some back into the two suit cases I came with. Oh, and be sure and watch the Democratic Convention for me and let me know if I miss any fireworks! Reporting from Kyle for one last time....Syb






To leave a
comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sybil: I am so proud to have all of you in my life. You and David have raised such beautiful, intelligent, loving children -- and you never look back!! I am already beginning to plan my trip to Qatar. I am thinking I need to invite a friend to travel with me -- either Madeline Badon or Karon Boneau. Can you accommodate both of us if we buy you lots and lots of groceries and pay rent? Is there a hotel nearby? We REALLY would not mind!!!! When is the best time to avoid the heat? Would you be willing to take side trips if we paid for your plane, train, boat, or camel ticket back and forth to Qatar. If that's not feasible, we would do our side trips coming over or going home. I'm going to start looking at maps and talking to the travel agent soon. Planning is almost as much fun as traveling. Be sure and tell your kids if there's ANYTHING I CAN DO FOR 'EM in your absence to be sure and call me. Bon Voyage, my friend. Love, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan...Are you kidding?!! Cone one, come ALL! I look forward to seeing you and all that you bring. Groceries are optional, eating out is preferred! I have 2 extra bedrooms with king size beds. Also there are 3 full size couches and 2 love seats. February is nice with lows in the 60's & highs in the 70's. Keep on planning, ma'am!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...