Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, July 18, 2008

What's Going on in My World


I think the last time I talked to you, David and I had were back from Tennessee with a stopover in Kyle before heading to Onalaska and Groves. Our "almost" week in Kyle was wonderful. It felt like being on vacation, since we had only spent three or four nights in the house, since we bought it last August. And if you remember, the few days we were here were spent unpacking boxes stacked to the ceiling in nearly every room. This time it was much more enjoyable sipping coffee on the porch, taking country drives, and doing what we do best, "nothing". When we got our fill of that we headed over to Onalaska, where Regina and Larry have built a beautiful home on a cove off Lake Livingston. The scenery gave a new meaning to the previous mentioned "sipping coffee on the porch". Of course, Regina gave me a guided tour around the neighborhood in their golf cart. I see a future for her in Beverly Hills giving tours pointing out the movie stars' homes. She knew who lived in all the houses, how much they cost, how often they visited, and what they did for a living. It gave new meaning to the term neighborhood watch. We enjoyed our quick visit and were back on the road to Groves to visit mom and dad and the rest of the clan. We found everyone well in our not long enough visit, but time was closing in on us. We needed to get back to Kyle as David was heading out soon. "Soon" came this afternoon as I dropped him at the Austin airport at 2:00pm. He called when he reached D.C. and has already left for his straight flight to Doha from there. So, here I am holding the fort down while Dustin and Kristi are visiting in Groves and Kayla is playing her student orientation leader role at St. Edwards until tomorrow evening. Signing off...Alone in Kyle :(

To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...