Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, July 19, 2008

The "Peek"


I failed to mention in my previous post that I had a wonderful lunch with all my working buddies from JGA (Jan Girouard & Associates) while visiting the Beaumont area. Jan kindly informed me that my blogs were MUCH better when I was reporting from Doha. Sorry, Jan, I'll work on that! She has a point. It was quite difficult to put thoughts together in an amusing fashion while in Tennessee with fifteen other guests in the house. It was even harder, if you get my drift, when I had no internet while visiting Mom in Groves. That being said, I'll share what I would normally call an "only in Doha" sighting, but I can't because it happened in Wimberley while David and I were eating in a local diner there. We were finishing up on our breakfast special when David's face broke out in a most unusual look and he says to me, "You are not going to believe what I just saw". Well, apparently one of the local yokel's had just paid her bill at the counter and decided she needed to part with the egg she had on her face. She proceeded to lift her blouse to her mouth to wipe it, exposing EVERYTHING between her neck and her belly button. We decided she must have been a direct descendant of Woodstock since there was no support system happening underneath her shirt. It couldn't have been a pretty sight. She wasn't exactly what one would call a "hottie". Now, I'll have to add "only in Wimberley" to my repertoire. Oh, I forgot the best part. As we were laughing, the gentleman at the next table leaned over to say something. I was waiting for him to say, "can you believe that?", but he only said..."hmm, you must be new customers". I'm not so sure David wants to go back for another peep show. He told me he was truly "incensed". I didn't know what he was talking about and then he reminded me of the old Ray Stevens song. If you didn't have the volume up play it again by clicking on the arrow and enjoy a blast from the past!





To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...