Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, July 6, 2008

No Place Like Home


Here we sit in Kyle for a few days trying to figure out our priorities. Fix the lawn mower, the doorbell, mop the floor, unpack the few remaining boxes, hydro blast my tea pitcher, torch Kayla's bedroom or just sit back and sip on our coffee....where to begin. So much to do, so little time before we head to my neck of the woods in Groves, Texas. I'm sure Mom & Dad (well Dad, anyway) are impatiently waiting for our arrival. Dustin picked us up on our arrival in Austin sporting his new haircut. You must admit, he was getting a bit shaggy, which is exactly what I've been calling him. Remember Shaggy from Scooby-Doo? On our way from the airport we dropped him at his friend Peter's (aka frat house) where Shea and his army buddies had just arrived from a quick eighteen hour drive from Fort Bragg for the weekend. We then met Kayla and Ryan for a bite at Cracker Barrel....aaaah, country cooking at its best. A stop at H.E.B. for groceries on our way to the ranch and we were in business. I woke to my alarm, (David's brewing coffee) and started the day off wondering where to start. David put the ding, but not the dong back in the door bell. Hey, it's not perfect but it gets your attention. We reloaded the hummingbird feeder for our local friends and took our morning coffee outside to the porch to watch them feed. Shea and his army friends, Hong and Schroeder, arrived early in the afternoon for a quick visit before they head back to Fort Bragg tonight. A little father and daughter "wii" and we're off to a good start of our Texas stay. Tennessee was wonderful, but we had to leave before the four pounds I gained turned into ten. There truly is no place like home.






The pink flowers behind the nasty pitcher were given to Kayla by Ryan to represent their four month anniversary....awww.

To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad Dustin finally cut his hair. I didn't necessarily want it that short but it is much better!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...