Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, July 4, 2008

I Hear Rain Drops!



It really does exist...rain. I heard thunder and then saw falling rain today. It was very nice and peaceful and lasted a total of five minutes. No doubt, though, I'm sure there is much more to come in my next seven to eight weeks here in the states. David better absorb what he can in the next two weeks, because our rain season in Doha doesn't hit for another six months (if it hits at all). It's quietening down in the Tennessee Knox household. The visitors are dropping like flies. We saw Shea off at the airport on Sunday night and then the rest of my crew flew out on Wednesday. David's niece, Diana left with her husband, twin daughters and wild four year old, Corinne yesterday morning. His sister, Sherry and her daughter in law and grandchildren will be leaving this afternoon. That leaves just me and David until tomorrow afternoon when we fly out. We spent a lot of time sitting outside in the wonderful weather. The temps have been hovering in the mid eighties with a nice breeze and low humidity. It doesn't get much better than that. The rest of the time was spent inside stuffing our faces and playing cards. I'm a little bit reluctant to see mom, because the first thing she said to me at Christmas was, "Syb, how much weight have you gained?". Geez, thanks, mom. I was so good preparing before I left Doha, but since I've arrived in Mount Pleasant, it's nonstop homemade ice cream, blackberry cobbler, cookies and every possible calorie ridden item available. We did go canoeing one day, which is the only exercise I've gotten since arrival other than scooping out the frozen ice cream. And now we're off to La Fuentes Mexican Restaurant to celebrate America's independence. Can't think of a better way to do it. Adios!


Pictured with Shea...Great Niece Morgan (Diana's)
Mixing the batter..... Great Niece Corinne (Diana's)
Right.....Great Niece Sophia

Great Nieces Sophia and Myah (Bobby's)

To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...