Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Bad Day Continues :(


A little follow up on our bad day yesterday. Well, it wasn't over after the tap water soaked computer fiasco. I got soaked a few more times myself while trying to get dinner going. I can't explain the gadget on the water faucet....you'd just have to see it. Anyway, David finally removed it for me before I drowned. We're not to the bad, yet. Hang in there. I don't think I've mentioned to y'all that Kayla's boyfriend, Ryan, is a vegetarian. Collective sigh. I'm in the camp with Ted Nugent, as I've heard him say, "You kill it, I'll grill it". Well, it just so happened that the menu for the night was King Ranch Chicken. I gave into all the belly achin' I've been dishing Kayla (& Ryan) about him being a vegetarian and made him his own bowl of just "King Ranch". Kayla was quite proud of my concession and wanted to document the moment by snapping pics of me and Ryan. As we sit down to eat, Dustin asks, "Mom, don't you use cream of chicken soup in this?". "Well, as a matter of fact Dustin, I do...problema? As he just stared back of me, it hit me. CHICKEN! Ryan was most gracious and said no problem. Half way through his personal casserole, we released him of his obligation and told him not to worry about finishing it. I'm sorry to say that the report we got a little later in the evening was that Ryan was not faring so well and by the way, he was no longer in possession of the King Ranch. I promise I wasn't pulling a Dixie Chick* trick on you, Ryan. I'll do better next time!

*Against my better judgment, I caved into the Dixie Chick tune "Goodbye Earl" for the occasion. They have not been allowed in our household since the "incident"!

To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...