Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Rise and Shine!



The dog days of summer are upon us. What the heck does that mean, anyway? I'll research that and get back to you. It's official, I'm becoming an old person. Well, my kids would dispute the "becoming" part, but I'm adding two more "prime of my life" virtues to my repertoire. That would be Rise and Shine. Yesterday I was up at 4:45a.m., but that was for a reason. I wanted to watch the West Virginia primary live, as it was unfolding. I knew Hill was going to take it, but I just wanted to follow the spread. This morning I was up at 5:30am just for fun. (The pic looking out my front door is how bright it is here at that time of morning.) Wow, will that be the new definition of "fun" in my old age? Rising with the chickens? And yes, that is a rooster that I photographed driving down a main street in Doha recently. There were several guarding the entrance of a very impressive villa. Back to the morning....David so kindly prepares my coffee pot every morning before he leaves for work at 5:30am. All I have to do is flip the switch and watch the brew action. What a man...and I mean that with the deepest profound respect. He really takes care of me. Bless his heart if I ever have to take care of him. He'll never make it. Well, this morning while still in bed, I asked him if we would flip the switch. He was really wondering what I had in store for the day, getting up so early. I guess it's just that I'm ready for some old age fun.

**Click for Dog Days of Summer explanation**

Ok, so we're not really in the dog days of summer yet, but it sounded good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...