Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Chalk One Up for Joan



There's a first for everything. Joan was up with the chickens this morning while the rest of us slept in a bit and filed downstairs one and two at a time. Around 10:00am Joan mentioned how worried she was about Bill still sleeping, but did note that he was breathing before she left the bedroom at 7:00am. I was more worried about Bob and Sherry, who I never get up before when we're all together in Tennessee. Finally Bob and Sherry strolled down the stairs shortly after 10:00 and Joan decided this was her cue to check on Bill. Once upstairs she noted that Bill was moving his foot, but proceeded to wake him up and ask if he was ok. Well, not to worry, he was fine but just had trouble getting to sleep and there's nothing like a little sun coming up to put you right into that deep sleep that you've been waiting for. I guess the jet lag is catching up with a few of our guests. It may be affecting their brains, as well. Bob was mentioning to me that his dad had a twin sister, but they weren't identical. Uh, ok. Then there was Sherry tonight trying to calculate ten percent of a 320QR restaurant tab and told me that I was going to have to figure that one out for her. Then she decided she needed to change out some bills and gives me two 10QR bills for a 50QR bill. Sherry, math works pretty much the same on both sides of the world. Other than a few desert air gaffs, we made it through the day. We toured the town in daylight for the crew and stopped at a local juice bar for a refreshment. I'm sure the juice bar didn't know what hit them when seven white people walked into their neck of the woods and bellied up to the bar. We sucked down our juices to cool us down in the 107 degree weather. A little more touring and then a stop at Asian Traditional Restaurant, which is one of our favorites. It was a hit and described as a "keeper" which is quite a compliment coming from connoisseur Bob. I'm not sure what's in store for tomorrow, but if I were Bill, you can bet your boots I'd be checking on Joan bright and early in the morning just to make sure that she's ok!


Who's who:

Bill & Joan...David's Parents (also known as Grandaddy and JoJo)

Bob & Sherry...David's brother in law and sister




To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...