Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Carpet Ride


I was handed the keys to a brand new carpet today. Our friendly, informative, jovial salesman today at Oriental Carpets entrusted me with one of his beautiful carpets to take home and give a test drive with the promise that I could return it, no questions asked if I didn't like it. This all started out very innocently with a girls' day preplanned with shopping, lunch out and then blog jam back at the pink villas. Karen was in the market for a carpet, so our first stop was Oriental Carpets (a well known and respected shop in town). Well you know how that goes, Kim and I tag along to give Karen our expected "oohs and ahs" and the next thing you know, I'm taking a carpet home. At least I only took one home, Karen took two, which wouldn't be so bad if her husband, Ed, was keen on the idea. David had already made the mistake of muttering to me halfway under his breath last week, "Well, you're going to do what you want anyway". And, how many years did it take him to figure that out? You know the carpet man is a smart man. You get the carpet home, spend all that time getting it arranged underneath your furniture and decide it wouldn't be worth the trouble to go through all that rearranging again to return it. So, as of tomorrow, I will make myself an honest woman and go back and pay the man.

1 comment:

  1. Tell David it is the LEAST you deserve for coming out to the sandbox! We bought 2 carpets from Oriental Carpets and LOVE THEM! One a fish pattern like it looks like you took and then a full silk in the dome pattern. I told Michael that I deserve a carpet for each year that I stay! Better start looking for my 3 year carpet!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...