Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, May 18, 2008

At This Moment In Time




So you ask, "What's really going on in your world right now?" Well, with prom over, nothing at this very moment. You know, that's how I've decided that I live...in the moment. It took me forty nine and one half years and over eight thousand miles to discover that. Today is a free day. No where to go, nothing I have to do. Nice, actually. I do have Dustin snoozing away upstairs, never knowing when he will emerge. He started out his stay here rising with sun, but he has settled in now to a normal, young adult routine. The next earth shattering events on our calendar are David's family coming to visit in less than two weeks and Kristi's graduation. It goes without saying that we are very excited about both of these happenings. On the kid news front, Kayla and Ryan are still an item. Well, I guess they are. My conversations have lessened with her quite immensely since he came into the picture. And then, when I do talk to her, his name is interjected into the conversation more than the usual "and, uh" phrases. Shea...who knows. I rarely talk to him and get the same canned response, "every thing's going well". I did get out of him that he has been making A's on his French quizzes in his language training class. I told him that the Army should pay him better if he gets A's. Come to find out, they do. Why else would he strive for A's. Duh. Dustin's here in Doha and quite smitten with Kat, and her with him, as far as I can gather (could you tell by the pics?). Kat is Kristi's friend, and Kristi doesn't even enter the equation when it comes to those two. They're off on their own, walking the corniche or just hanging out. Kristi's winding down the school year. Her stress level seems to be going down as well, thank goodness. She's finished with her AP's, which will count for her finals, as well. She's looking forward to joining St. Edward's in the fall and dragging along her friend, Lauren (from Connecticut) for the journey. David's "same, same" as the saying goes in Doha. Always that same even keel. So, that's it on the Knox front. Let me know what's going on in your world!
P.S......OMG, you people must be wondering why I have pics of laundry and dishes. Part of my post was inadvertently deleted. I was talking about how I had nothing to do, if you didn't count the dirty dozen left over tea glasses from the prom dinner or the huge stack of laundry I had waiting on me. All I really had to do today was to talk to you and watch Fox News. And who knows what else I was saying.....oh well.


To leave a comment, click on the title of the post under the date and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. :) sorry for not talking to you as much as i once did...just so you know...i dominated in Scrabble for you!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...