Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Sykes Gets the Limelight





Kristi's home alive and well....sleeping off her jet lag. She didn't get up this morning to entertain us, so Sykes had to do. As we drank our coffee on the patio this morning, I couldn't help but think of Dustin. It was such a beautiful morning. Whenever the subject of what a nice day would come up, Dustin would roll his eyes at us thinking we were just being facetious. Everyday here was beautiful to him. In all honesty most days are beautiful, I suppose. You just can't help but say it out loud. Although, we do have our share of sandstorms, dust storms and just downright hazy days. Anyway, on this beautiful morning we let Sykes out with us to enjoy it as well. He kind of goes crazy when he first steps out...the morning noises overwhelming to his sensitive ears. It sounds like we live in a bird sanctuary. As he was in his little jungle in the backyard, we noticed he started making his little "lamb" noises meaning "I'm very excited". David saw the source, a young bird who wasn't going to be a match for Sykes predator instincts. David had to move faster that he's had to in a long time as Sykes made his run for it. The bird was flying,but couldn't make it far off the ground. David saved the day and Sykes got over it. So here we are enjoying our lazy, Saturday morning. Here's hoping y'all are doing the same.

2 comments:

  1. In the pic of him "smiling", i can't seem to decide if he is demented, or just happy...lol. Kind of a strange look for a kitty-cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niece...I thought you were talking about Ryan getting his head shaved!!! I was relieved when I got to the "kitty-cat" part...lol. He's salivating while checking out his prey!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...