Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Letter from the Editor




It's that time again....Reader Appreciation Day #2. I just want to thank you all, again, for coming along on this adventure with us. If we didn't have you to share it with, it would not be near the fun. Just for the record, we make our own fun here. There are times when I think about passing up an opportunity to do something, and then I think about you guys. If I don't do it, then you don't do it. Trust me, it doesn't just happen, you, the readers, make it happen. If we were back at "home", wherever that is these days, we would be doing the same old routine things that we take for granted such as visiting family, chatting on the phone, laughing & cutting up at the office, running to Walmart, driving through McD's for an egg mcmuffin, watching t.v. programs less that five years old, eating at the local restaurant running into current and old friends, and last but not least, attending the church that we've attended for years and having that warm feeling run through you when you walk in. We don't have that here. All life as we knew it was tossed out the window. That's where you come in, helping me embrace life here so that I in turn, can help you embrace it too. Lucky for me, I choose to love my alternate life. Surprisingly to me, many here don't. Now, remember you are reading about our lives...the book is sometimes better than the movie. Not everything I do is blogworthy, but dang it if I don't try to turn it into one some how! Some of the things I've talked about might sound more exciting on paper, but on the other hand, some I could not duplicate the intensity that I have felt, such as the dune bashing experience. And yes, as a matter of fact, it was the most fun I've ever had in my life. All this being said, I just want to get across that we feel blessed to have this journey and to be able to share it with you. I honestly feel like I'm talking to you each individually while I'm writing this. Every post that I write, different people pop into my head and I smile. You all are always here with me. Honest to goodness, everyone of you.

P.S. A thank you to my new Doha friends, as well. Thanks for stepping up and making the transition an easy one and for sharing our new adventures, as well.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks to YOU for putting a little "adventure" into our lives each day. Sybil, I think you can have a new career when you come home. You are an exceptional writer and I think when you get back to the good old USA, we may want to have a "Kyle Adventure" blog. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes it so much easier for me you being over there since you do the blog. And I think mom, too. She looks forward to it. Aunt Marge calls her every day and reads it to her. When I go home I make her sit down at the computer to show her all the pics. It makes it kind of like you are just on vacation and will be back soon instead of years being away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sybil....I have really enjoyed the part I have played in your adventures....that part being the 'reader'. Kinda makes me feel like I have been able to visit you in a country I never even heard of before you went there! Thanks for taking me out of my somewhat mundane world over here in the good ole' US of A!! By the way, I wholeheartedly agree with Fran...You are quite the talented writer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, ladies! You are my inspiration :) Isn't that a song...hmm

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...