Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It's a "No Decision"


Dustin, Kayla, and Kristi were visiting with Mom this weekend. I'm not sure which kids were having more fun...the Grandkids or Mom. Maybe I've given the "model award" to the wrong person. Looks like she's striking quite a few poses these days herself. On the right hand she's thowin' up the deuces with Kristi, on the other, posing in a souvenir hat from Thailand (which I heard she wore all afternoon!). I think the kids had her at their beck and call as she would have once put it. At 81, she's finally taking orders. Once upon a time she was the queen of giving them. "Little girl, if you don't blah, blah, blah....I'll blah, blah, blah" and you knew that she meant it. She's come to the stage of life that you just tell her what to do and she does it. I guess she figures she's already met her quota of thinking in a lifetime and now it's time to delegate. Her new motto in life is "just tell me what to do and I'll do it". Wow, where was this woman when I was growing up?

Note: If I would have known that my "special" family was going to have so much fun with the rice hat, we would have definitely brought back more!


2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA I love that you put everyone's rice hat picture up!! By the way, did I tell you Maw Maw made me a biscuit and eggs Sunday morning. She loves me! I had a blast with her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Sybil! Somehow I already knew that your Mom would have to be one pretty cool dame. So Cute with that hat,though! Glad ya'll had a great time! Can't wait for our turn to Thai.....

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...