Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Do I Have Too Much Time on My Hands?



I've been requested by my daughter back in Austin to create a playlist of songs played on our postings. She's a blog addict (thanks, sweetie!!) and is a bit nostalgic when it comes to music. So, I thought, "great idea", especially since the music is sometimes my favorite part. The only problem is, it has taken me all morning putting the songs together, going through each posting one by one and grabbing the music. I'm still not done. (Boy, I don't shut up...I can't believe you people put up with this. Post after post, I've been talking your ears off.) Of course, it was like going through a photo album, you can't just shuffle through, you have to reminisce as you go along. I had fun (actually I quite struggled) trying to remember which song was going to pop up after the post title did. Most of the time, I couldn't remember and was pleasantly surprised. I'd have to listen to the whole song transplanting myself back to sometimes, much more youthful days, sometimes, all the way back to childhood. Some were bringing back memories of the boys in junior high and the girls in elementary. Time is flying and it won't slow down for me. anyway, I have a good start on the compilation, but I do have more to add. From now on, I'll add them as I post. Much easier. I spared you on a few of the recordings, such as rapid machine fire...remember that post? How soon you forget, me too. The Hillary cackle...who could forget that one? Unfortunately, I included Barbie Girl against my better judgment. So, for the music buffs, the very eclectic playlist is there. Otherwise, just don't pay attention and get on with your life. This is for those that don't have one!! Have a good one, my friends.

1 comment:

  1. JOHN DENVER AND SEALS AND CROFT........YEAH, BABY! SURE DOES TAKE ME BACK RIGHT ALONG WITH YOU TO GROVES JR. HIGH AND THE GOOD OLE' PN-G. KEEP ON REMINISCING, GIRL!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...