Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Colors of Doha?

We have a Pixel Chicks meeting this afternoon. Our assignment this month is "The Colors of Doha". A pretty tall order when all you see around here is mostly off white plaster and sand. Now to be fair, Doha did a wonderful job of planting flowers in the late fall and they've just now started to fizzle out. They were beautiful in their prime. I guess the project was to open our eyes to the colors that we were taking for granted. It was a little difficult, but a little fun at the same time. I cheated and used some pics that I already had, but also ventured out to add a few more to my repertoire. I was adamant on making sure that the pictures defined Doha for me...not just pictures with color in them. I wanted pictures that I could look back on and say, "oh yeah, I remember that".


Squares represent:

1. The mode of transportation...Blue Karwa taxis and buses seen everywhere
2. The ongoing, never ending construction everywhere...you cannot escape it
3. Have it your way...can you say Burger King in Arabic?
4. Oops...am I overemphasizing the construction? NO!!!
5. A stand alone villa in our neighborhood that always catches my eye
6. Jotun Paints...one on every corner (I bought my paint there)
7. A reminder of our Pixel Chick field trip to the fruit & vegetable market
8. Red Bull truck that I see around town and also parked in our compound
9. My flowers that Kumar planted and takes care of for me
10.Flags at the American School that represent the diverse nationalities here
11. Green Qatar... landmark with color that often guided me home when I was a newbie
12. The beautiful Inland Sea
13. The souqs filled with materials, spices, and trinkets
14. The white sands of the desert...white is a color you know :)
15. A few mosques have colored domes, this one brighter than most
16. Carpet class with my "Doha Ladies" group

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...