Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Kristi Dives In

Well, she's gone and done it. Kristi's jumped into the Arab lifestyle head first. She and her friends went and "hung out" at the souqs last night. Being a Friday, it was extremely busy and she was excited to find it crawling with American army soldiers on a weekend pass. I think it was quite refreshing for them to see some old fashioned "white guys". Can I say that?? Anyway, she and her friends found a local woman to decorate them with henna down their arms, something you see on a lot of Qatari women. I really don't know too much about it, but I think they have henna applied particularly for weddings and special occasions. They then decided to complete their indoctrination at a souq cafe. Camel, yes Kristi ATE camel. She said it was actually pretty tasty, just a little hard to get passed the idea of it. That's it guys, the kids are here and it's time to make the pancakes. Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. I bet the soldiers were just as glad to see some "white girls" themselves!! lol

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...