Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, March 17, 2008

Back to Normal?



The kids have come and gone and it's back to normal. Oops, did I say normal? That word's not even found in the dictionary in this country. You know, Doha is known over here as "The Land of Odd". Anyway, I'm on my fifth load of laundry this morning... please remember that our drums are about the size of a popcorn tin, if that big. I also have managed to burn a couple of batches of homemade apple muffins for my local US Army friends . Again, if you'd see our oven settings you would refer back to "The Land of Odd" comment. One of our Chevron ladies is heading up a service project to send Easter baskets full of goodies to the troops that are stationed here in Doha. I salvaged what I could, wrapped them and dropped them to her this morning just a bit embarrassed that I haven't quite figured out the oven settings. Sign language was never my thing. Whatever happened to words like bake, broil, clean? I just have a bunch of pictures on the oven knob. I'm sure Kayla & Dustin would say that I'm just living up to my reputation as they did witness me burning a few pancakes while they were here. Did you enjoy our kitty aka Golden Retriever video? Sykes wears us out wanting to play the fetch game. Now when he returns the wadded up paper, he deposits it in whatever shoe is available on the floor, then waits for you to retrieve it and toss it again. He plays the game until he's panting like a dog and I make David stop for fear that Sykes will have a heart attack. Soon I'll have to record his weird animal noises, nothing I've ever heard from a cat before. His whiskers vibrate back and forth and some sort of lamb noise comes out of him. It's a bit creepy if you ask me. I'll just wait for you to see it and you can be the judge. Until next time...Syb

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I can burn muffins with a good old USA stove. Don't feel bad; your photography skills more than outweigh your cooking skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I hope they outweigh my cooking skills...so when are you & Don coming to check them out for yourselves???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, we would love to visit. Between visiting family twice and a trip to celebrate the big 5-0 for both of us, Don's vacation time is all spoken for this year.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...