Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Plan B

David got word yesterday afternoon on the donor decision. In question was his seizure disorder. Even though David's seizures are controlled and he hasn't had one in over 18 years, the patient advocate physician that did David's physical felt that it was not in his best interest to go through with this procedure. I haven't spoken to David since he heard the news, it was in my email this morning. I'm sure he's very disappointed, but understands that it's just all part of the plan. Life goes on, and fortunately for this patient as well. Much to David's relief, he did find out that there is a back up donor. Apparently, the "best" match is always the first choice, but someone else is waiting in the wings to fill the need. Someone else out there will be blessed to feel the same honor, excitement and humility as David has during this process. So on that note, we will be most happy to "share the love". I would like to say "thank you" to everyone for all the support we received through calls, emails, and prayers... especially the prayers! Kristi and I look forward to welcoming David back to Doha this weekend...he is certainly the wind beneath our wings. Last, but not least...consider joining the marrow program and save a life. Click here for info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...