Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Belated Valentine's Day

Since I laid a hint that I was going to a "Champagne Brunch", I figured that I better report on it. Hats were optional, but since I don't "do" hats, I opted for a heart headband. That's my crazy friend Natthawan in the picture with me. Always showing off by having an uncanny sense of decorating. Note her hat. Mine came off the rack at Claire's. Yes, we do have Claire's in Doha. We had about 20 or so women show up for good food, good hospitality and just down right fun. Nothing like a room full of women together guzzling champagne. I was a designated walker, so I opted for coffee. We had everything from chex mix to sushi. Variety is the spice of life here in Doha. Notice Kellie's forearm in the pic. That would be Kellie in some crazy hat she bought off the streets of Thailand. She mentioned it was her way of celebrating the king's birthday while she was there. Can you say, "inebriated"? Just kidding Kellie!!! Anyway, those are CAMEL bites on her arm. She & friends had made a trip to the inland sea, and of course, had to stop and feed the camels. You might remember a pic in the past that I posted...the one of the camel drinking out of the water bottle? That was Kellie in her element. Well, she has changed elements. After an ER visit and stitches, she has sworn off camels. Can't say that I blame her. So, here it is Valentine's night and David's down the street at one of his buddies strumming on the qatar, I mean guitar and I'm sitting on the sofa in sweat pants and a t-shirt watching Fox News and talking to you guys. What's wrong with this picture? NOTHING, I love it. Just chillin'.

P.S. Happy Valentine's Day, David. I love you. (The song is for David, people...so just ignore it!


2 comments:

  1. Where is that burnt chicken?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, photography was the last thing on my mind when I saw it!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...