Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Old Man Winter

Lo & behold, Doha has been blessed with the presence of Old Man Winter. It was 43F yesterday morning. I was out & about doing my grocery shopping and noticed that the grocery stores were empty (yes, plural...there's no one stop shopping here, it seems that you never can buy everything on your grocery list at one store). The cool snap seemed to keep everyone tucked away in their homes....which I'm not sure why, since we have no heat in this country. It was actually a beautiful, sunny day with temps holding in the upper 50's. I did discover something else new...we must not have hot water heaters, either. You know how I mentioned we have one water temperature...hot. Well, if it gets much cooler that one temp is going to be cold. While taking my shower this morning, I kept trying to adjust the temp to make the water hotter when I finally noticed that I had it turned all the way to hot already. I had to settle for baby pink instead of my usual lobster red when emerging from the shower. While we're on the weather, remember that rain forecast a little over a month ago...it never took place. They're taking another stab at it, predicting a 50% chance on Sunday. I won't hold my breath. The pic on the right is the secret service (aka Shea & Dustin) tailing us on our way to Tennessee. Do you know how nerve wracking it is to have Shea following you? You'd have to know his history to understand. He has an uncanny way of getting in the way of other vehicles and has landed in an occasional cow pasture (via the ditch & over the barbed wire). Oh, and driving down the highway at 70 mph with his hood open is not above him, either. I could go on and on, but we both have better things to do. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...