Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Just Checkin' In

Just thought I'd check in to let you guys know that we're still here. We have been nothing but lazy since we've returned from the states. David comes home from work finding me on the couch with one eye on my laptop and one on Fox News. He joins me and before you know it we're both snoozing. I'm slowly, oh so slowly trying to get back into a routine...a more productive routine, that is. We've finally gotten the rain that the weatherman kept promising us. It rained 0.14 centimeters last Friday and the streets were flooding. I kid you not. The only drainage system that I saw was at an underpass. Thank goodness for that. We've had light rains several days in a row. Good thing it's stopped...the newspaper reported over 150 auto accidents in one day due to the rains. It's also cooled off over here. It was 17c this morning in our bedroom. I just checked out the conversion on that...62.6F. Pretty chilly when you don't have an option to kick on the heat. How bout those Cowboys?


Update on Shea: He's not looking forward to jumping out of airplanes. I did not realize that he's got a healthy fear of heights (hmm...wonder where he got that?). His first drill was some type of controlled jump from 34 feet & he lost his focus. I'm thinking he may need to talk to Dustin & adopt some of his Tai Chi methods, because this week the jump is from 200 feet. Please join with me in prayer that he makes it through these next two weeks.

Pic: Dustin, Shea, & Kennie prior to Shea leaving for Fort Benning


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...