Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Look out Van Gogh

Just wanted to check in & let you know how much fun the girls & I had today. We went to an eatery called Cafe' Ceramique. You don't just eat there...you put your artistic talents to work. After we ate lunch, the server cleared our table while we selected our very own ceramics to paint. The choices were anything from Christmas ornaments to doggy bowls, to serving platters to camels. You then pick out five colors to use along with two "puffy" paints. Kayla chose a martini glass for her ceramic, while Kristi & I chose serving platters for ours. Three hours later, after a lot of blood, sweat & tears, we turned in our masterpieces to the staff. They will "fire" our ceramics to give them that shiny glaze that will supposedly intensify the colors that we used. We've been told that we probably won't recognize them when we pick them up next week. That actually might be a good thing! If they truly look different when we pick them up, I'll update with new pics.

A few more pics of artists at work

1 comment:

  1. Now that is really neat!! Y'all did a great job. I bet it was lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...