Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, November 23, 2007

Giving Thanks

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and had your share of goodies. We will be celebrating the holiday today at one of our neighboring villas. A Chevron-Phillips family is graciously hosting the event and expects 40 or so turkey hungry guests to show up. The four of us (Kayla's still here) will head over there around 1:00pm. We do have breaking news to share. There is a 20% chance of rain on Sunday. Our Qatar Tribune newspaper keeps reassuring us that it will rain in Doha in the next two weeks. It looks like we also might be having a cold front coming through. I noticed that the high next Tuesday is 78 degrees. Our highs haven't been below the mid to upper 80's this fall season. I'm not complaining, though. I could definitely handle these temps year round, but somehow it makes it seem strange to plug in my Alan Jackson Christmas c.d. The Qatar forums that post on the internet are urging us to run out and purchase space heaters, before they are all gone. Apparently last year it was unusually cool here and people were caught without blankets or heaters and with none to be found. I guess you have deduced by now that there is no heat in our villas. Gotta run and get that tater salad ready. Check ya later!

P.S. I'd like to give a big CONGRATULATIONS to my nephew Kennie on his new accounting job in Houston. He's a recent Lamar University grad & we're very proud of his accomplishments. Way to go Kennie!!

1 comment:

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...