Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Cartwrights: Alive & Well in Doha

I've been keeping a secret from my mother-in-law, JoAnn. I can't contain it any longer and must come clean. There is a place here in Doha that will make her heart go still. We've known about for months, actually I knew about it before David even had a job offer over here. We couldn't take any longer, so yesterday we made our way over to the Ponderosa. Yes, you heard me correctly, The Ponderosa. Not just one, we have two!! Can it get any better than that, JoAnn? I know, Bill is holding you back right now...keeping you from calling the travel agency for the next flight to Doha. All kidding aside, we actually really enjoyed it. Sorry for the betrayal JoAnn! It's funny I think the Qataris really enjoy it, too. There was a good number of them there. We stumbled by the 2nd restaurant quite by accident the other night. It's near our neighborhood & quite convenient. We also found that there is also a grocery store in the same strip mall that is roomy, clean, and reasonably priced. That works for me because the nearest grocery store to us (that I knew about) is in a very congested mall area. Anyway, I just had to share the little jewel that we have found here in the desert...haha! Other than that, today is Sunday...the first day of my work week, you know, washing, cleaning, scrubbing. That's even more unbelievable than the Ponderosa in Doha!

That's me in the pic, just in case you didn't recognize me!

1 comment:

  1. start making the itinerary for when i get there!! and schedule me a flight for goodness sake!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...